Date Posted: 8/3/2022
Type of Employment: Full-Time
AMVC Swine Nutritionist
AMVC Nutritional Services is seeking an innovative and motivated individual to:
- Design feed programs, including feed formulation and modeling and protocol development
- Communicate feed program to all relevant personnel, and support the execution of the feed program from boardroom to slat level
- Provide support to production personnel with feeding protocols and feed program execution
- Develop production targets, protocols, and practices
- Review toll milling performance and partnerships
- Support feed desk personnel with troubleshooting and logistical questions
- Review industry literature, data, and background information to make feeding program decisions
- Collect field research data and write scientific abstracts and reports
This role will have full support and assistance from AMVC’s Swine Nutrition, Production, and Veterinary teams.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Animal Science or Nutrition with a focus in swine
- Effective communication skills
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- High-level understanding of feed program design, feed mill and delivery logistics, on-farm protocols, and industry practices
- Willingness to travel: ~10 to 20% overnight travel and ~30 to 50% local/day travel
- Including travel to swine industry conferences and forums
- A preference to live within commuting distance of Audubon, IA, and be based out of the AMVC Nutritional Services office
- In-office/remote work schedules can be flexible depending on the individual scenario
- Competitive compensation (annual salary)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Work transportation compensation
- Technology compensation (i.e., laptop provided and phone stipend)
About AMVC Nutritional Services:
AMVC Nutritional Services provides customers a comprehensive set of services, from feed program formulations and models to on-farm support and coaching. Our mission is to professionally design and execute industry-leading feed programs that optimize animal performance and lower the cost of production. Our boardroom to slat level approach allows us to deliver custom, real-world feed solutions that create synergy between animal health, genetics, logistics, economics, and nutrition. Today, we provide nutritional oversight to over 160,000 sows and 1.4 million market pigs annually.
AMVC is a progressive agribusiness that provides livestock producers with management, veterinary, nutrition, marketing, administrative, human resources, and construction expertise.
Our vision is to be an industry leader by providing expertise in all areas of livestock management to support animal welfare, environmental stewardship, quality and traceability of meat products, and sustainable livestock production.
How to Apply:
Once you click the above button, you will be redirected to the job description. On that new screen click the apply button on the top right corner. From there you will be redirected to a login screen. Check the box for the first time user and follow the steps to create a username and password.
If you have trouble applying or have not heard from an AMVC recruiter in 2 days after you have submitted your application, please call 712.563.2080.
Contact with any questions:
AMVC Employee Services
508 Market Street
Audubon, IA 50025